Now that the holidays are upon us, there’s no denying that winter is here to stay, at least for the next few months. To help keep you out of the cold, we’ve got several indoor events coming up while the weather is less than ideal, like our glassblowing workshop on December 12th, our free boot camp class on December 14th, and our holiday social on December 21st (there’s nothing like a few beers to keep you warm!). Need some extra convincing to join us indoors this winter? Maybe the emotional rollercoaster that is winter in Tennessee will do the trick:
1. We all know the initial excitement about winter, especially that first snow or hearing Christmas tunes on the radio.
2. But unfortunately, this enthusiasm is always short-lived once you realize you you’re stuck inside for three months, unless you love the cold, wet weather.
3. Sure, there are some things to look forward to when camping in the winter.
4. But it’ll never outweigh the misery you know you’ll probably encounter.
5. It seems like you’re never as prepared as you want to be for the cold.
6. The weather is always unpredictable (especially in Nashville).
7. And it always looks way more fun in magazines…
8. …than it does in real life.
9. So during a season when even inanimate objects look upset with the weather.
10. And you may feel like winter will never end.
11. Just remember that winter in Tennessee…
12. Is still way better than winter in Buffalo.
Still feeling extra hardy this winter? We’ve still got some outdoor events for you to try your hand at, including our Resolution Day Hike on New Year’s Day, and another great day hike to the BFCW on January 11th. Layer up, and we’ll see you there!
Stay warm and dry, and happy holidays y’all!
– Matt (Team Green’s Events Coordinator)